Mwnt Beach Cardigan BayPhoto Mwnt Beach Cardigan Bay - Janet Baxter
Mwnt is a sheltered sandy cove, owned by the National Trust. This popular beach is off the beaten track but can still get busy in the height of summer. The steep steps leading to the beach make it unsuitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs. There is parking in a field above the beach. Swimming conditions are considered safe at Mwnt but there is no lifeguard service here. A well-trodden path circles Foel y Mwnt, leading to the top of the hill which overlooks the beach. The Ceredigion Heritage Coastal Path passes close by.
Facilities at Mwnt
|Awards||European Blue Flag||Bathing||Yes|
|Type of Beach||Sandy beaches||Café||Yes|
|Car Park||Yes||Sea Angling||Yes|
|Toilet||Yes [in holiday season]||Dogs||No*|
National Trust Blue Flag Beach.
* Dogs are prohibited from sections of certain beaches between 1st May and 30th September under the local byelaw. The restrictions do not apply to a guide dog accompanying a registered blind person.
Where to stay near Mwnt
- Nant-y-Croi Farmhouse Bed And Breakfast Guest House B&B
- Nantmawr Farm Holiday Cottage Self Catering
- Brongwyn Holiday Cottages Self Catering
- Nant-y-Croi Farmhouse Holiday Cottages Self Catering
- Cardigan Bay Sea View Cottage Self Catering
- Ffynnon Grog Mwnt Self Catering
- Blaenwaun Caravan Park Mwnt Camping
- Nantmawr Farm Bed and Breakfast Guest House B&B
- Brongwyn Touring Caravan and Camping Park Camping
- Canllefaes Holiday Cottages Self Catering
- Mwnt Holiday Cottages Self Catering