Walk Tresaith to Penbryn Beach Cardigan Bay
StartÂ The walk starts from the bus stop on the road just before the road drops down to the beach, if you are on the beach, take the steps just beside the Ship Inn to the bus stop.
- Tresaith From the bus stop cross the road and take the path through the gate which curves up the hill and behind the caravan park. The path here is full of shrubs and flowers and you are very likely to see birds and butterflies.
- After the climb, the path proceeds along the cliff tops with fields to your right and fantastic views across Cardigan Bay as far as the mountains of Snowdonia.
- A sloping field surrounded by hawthorne is crossed leading to a style before the path forks above Penbryn Beach. Either take the left hand path down through the woods to the beach, or
- Take the right hand path which leads to the National Trust car park and cafe by way of a beautiful stretch of natural woodland with a stream which is crossed on a small bridge. A pleaseant diversion before you drop down is on the right to the tiny Penbryn church.
- NOTES: The great little Cardi Bach bus runs along this route see the pdf for timetable and even has provision for carrying bikes!
Cardigan Festival of Walking
Cardigan has an annual walking festival - please click for more info